Working with specialty tractors requires a great deal of effort on the part of the operator who has to drive the tractor while controlling towed attachments during row-crop operations.
To facilitate orchard and vineyard operations, we developed the Advanced Driving System (ADS), an innovative hybrid assisted driving system developed by Argo Tractors for the Landini REX4 range, that can help you with all of your operations. Thanks to state-of-the-art mechatronic systems, the operator can let the machine take care of driving at the most important times, and focus on operating the attachments.
Integrated technological innovations guarantee improved operator comfort and optimised efficiency, as tractor operations can be controlled from a single in-cab display.
Advantages of the Advanced Driving System (ADS)
The Advanced Driving System includes a set of integrated tools for your tractor that allow you to optimise your work. The assisted driving system developed by Argo Tractors gives you a number of advantages:
- work becomes more efficientas you are free to focus on row-crop operations. The control unit takes care of independent driving and headland manoeuvres thanks to the hybrid steering system connected to satellite guidance. Directly interfaced with the power steering control, it is fully integrated in the vehicle.
- The ADS eliminates external stresses by adjusting driving style to terrain conditions and also allows you to store wheel positionsfor slope and in-furrow operation.
- The ADS guarantees improved comfortand an automotive-style experience by stiffening the steering wheel as speed increases. Driving comfort is guaranteed by the automatic wheel return to central position after turns and by smart stiffness control for the front axle.
- The all-in-one joystickallows you to control all hydraulic loads (up to 7 control valves) and directly control the steering system when the specific feature is enabled.
- You can check all tractor functions from a single monitor that automatically displays the functions used (e.g. hydraulic system, PTO, transport).
- Let the on-board computertake care of additional tasks such as measuring working hours and consumption to fill out the field register.
- Your tractor’s condition is always under control thanks to the continuous self-diagnosis Any abnormal conditions are detected automatically, also depending on operating conditions and set trajectory.
- The ADS will help you keep your tractor in good working order, reducing mechanical and electronic stress typically associated with personal driving styles.
- There are many advantages for fleet managers, too. The web platform developed by Argo Tractors allows you to conveniently check vehicle position, service status and the diagnosisof many abnormal conditions, automatically fill in the field register from your office desk, and much more.
With Argo Tractors’ Advanced Driving System, working in orchards and vineyards is easier: it increases operator comfort, operation efficiency and preserve tractor life, resulting in higher returns over time and longer service life.
Innovation is rewarded
The Advanced Driving System developed by Argo Tractors for the Landini REX4 range earned important awards at major international trade fairs rewarding innovation in agricultural mechanisation:
- Technical Innovation Award, Eima 2018, Bologna.
- Máquina innovadora, Agraria 2019, Valladolid.11
The Advanced Driving System is available on REX4 Orchard and Vineyard versions.